What the blog??

This blog is a textual account of my triumphs and struggles in daily life. I've discovered the core of who I am, now is my chance to discover the vital pieces that make up that core. If you know me well enough, I invite you to leave comments. These may be words of encouragement, observations, memories, Bible verses, or whatever else you deem necessary. I'm always open to hearing what my loved ones have to say.

4.16.2009

The simple things hold the most remarkable beauty

The same is true of nature and of people...


I witnessed this today as I was walking to my car to get my umbrella:



I hurried back inside and grabbed my camera...of course...and my secretary (who has become a dear friend of mine), Adrius. I stood, mesmerized, for about thirty minutes watching as this "rainbow" changed shape and color with the movement of the clouds (turns out it wasn't an actual rainbow...but a light show caused by the sun's rays bouncing off of ice crystals in the cirrus clouds...thanks david finfrock!!...i always knew i should've been a meteorologist...). I have never seen anything like it before. It was as though God knew I needed something to bring me peace today. The colors danced and changed, faded and reappeared. Just when I thought this brilliant light show was over, the "rainbow" would emerge from behind a cloud. Why can't something this remarkable happen every day?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home