What the blog??

This blog is a textual account of my triumphs and struggles in daily life. I've discovered the core of who I am, now is my chance to discover the vital pieces that make up that core. If you know me well enough, I invite you to leave comments. These may be words of encouragement, observations, memories, Bible verses, or whatever else you deem necessary. I'm always open to hearing what my loved ones have to say.

4.16.2009

A stranger to myself

It has been entirely too long since I posted anything. I was reminded of how much I need to write when a new friend brought up blogging in a conversation and we discussed mine. I am really shocked that it was over a year ago that I last posted something...and it has been much longer than that since I regularly posted anything. Writing truly is therapeutic for me and I probably need that now more than I have in a long time. There are many things swirling around in my world right now and I might as well get them off my chest (which is enough of a weight on its own) and onto the page...

That being said, I just took a sleepy pill and do not think a profound entry will find its way from my brain to my fingers tonight...mostly because I cannot narrow down which topic I should handle first...but I do think it is time to refocus on my writing and use this again as an outlet for the many emotions that run through me on a daily basis. In the past two years or so, I have let myself become so busy with other things that I've even alienated myself...

...back to basics, y'all.

"Everything intercepts us from ourselves." - Emerson, 1833

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home