What the blog??

This blog is a textual account of my triumphs and struggles in daily life. I've discovered the core of who I am, now is my chance to discover the vital pieces that make up that core. If you know me well enough, I invite you to leave comments. These may be words of encouragement, observations, memories, Bible verses, or whatever else you deem necessary. I'm always open to hearing what my loved ones have to say.

8.05.2005

I'm No Heroine

you think I wouldn't have him
unless I could have him by the balls
you think I just dish it out
you don't think I take it at all
you think I am stronger
you think I walk taller than the rest
you think I'm usually wearing the pants
just 'cause I rarely wear a dress
well...
when you look at me
you see my purpose,see my pride
you think I just saddle up my anger
and ride and ride and ride
you think I stand so firm
you think I sit so high on my trusty steed
let me tell you
I'm usually face down on the ground
when there's a stampede
I'm no heroine
at least, not last time I checked
I'm too easy to roll over
I'm too easy to wreck
I just write about
what I should have done
I just sing
what I wish I could say


-Ani DiFranco

2 Comments:

  • At 8/08/2005 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dont like Annie

     
  • At 8/16/2005 2:36 PM, Blogger Afton said…

    Alright, if you are going to randomly spit anger toward Ani (and spell her name wrong), you have to at least give a valid reason why you don't like her. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home