What the blog??

This blog is a textual account of my triumphs and struggles in daily life. I've discovered the core of who I am, now is my chance to discover the vital pieces that make up that core. If you know me well enough, I invite you to leave comments. These may be words of encouragement, observations, memories, Bible verses, or whatever else you deem necessary. I'm always open to hearing what my loved ones have to say.

8.08.2005

What do you get when you mix two social workers with a couple of bottles of wine?

I must admit that I'm a bit tipsy as I write this. It will be a first for me...an almost-drunk blog. I promise to deliver a completely-drunk blog at some point in the future, but that will have to occur on a night when I'm not expected to drive. I'd like to start by saying I had an absolutely wonderful weekend! I haven't exactly been myself for the past few (or maybe eight) weeks, but this weekend was awesome and I certainly started today with a huge grin on my face. It was noticeable enough that one of my coworkers asked me what the hell I was smiling about as soon as she saw me this morning. That's good! Other exciting news for the day...Amanda had her baby! Yea! I'll be the first to admit that I never thought she would be able to do it without meds, but she proved me very wrong and I'm so damn proud of her! Her precious baby girl was born at 12:06 p.m. and weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces. I'm so excited to have another newborn around! She really is cute, but I can't tell who she looks like yet.
O.K., back to the question at hand...because it is a continuation of my great weekend...what do you get when you mix two social workers (who, by the way, happen to be good friends) with a couple of bottles of wine? The first answer to that question is some damn good conversation. I can't even begin to list all of the subjects covered tonight...but I will do my best: married life, gay friends, gay marriage, abortion, the death penalty and the appeals system, domestic violence, CPS, crime and punishment, friends/family in troubling relationships, proper proposals, college professors, debt and money management, George W., Republicans in social work, and I'm sure the list goes on and on. It's probably not very exciting for someone who isn't drinking wine and doesn't have an interest in these issues, but we had a damn good time catching up! I think I've realized over the past few days that I've really kicked myself in the ass by withdrawing over the last couple of months. It's time to come out and play with my friends! Well, actually, right now it's time to crawl into bed...I love wine!

2 Comments:

  • At 8/10/2005 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wine, those topics, and a cool person to talk with is an excellent combination! I wish I was there for you to come out and play with (that doesn't sound quite right...eh, whatever). Miss you, friend! - Kelly C.

     
  • At 8/17/2005 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There are a lot of good social workers who are republicans!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home