What the blog??

This blog is a textual account of my triumphs and struggles in daily life. I've discovered the core of who I am, now is my chance to discover the vital pieces that make up that core. If you know me well enough, I invite you to leave comments. These may be words of encouragement, observations, memories, Bible verses, or whatever else you deem necessary. I'm always open to hearing what my loved ones have to say.

7.25.2009

three things that go well together...lip gloss, susan, and BEEEEEEEEES!!!

1. lip gloss: huge milestone with this one...sharing lip gloss with others...not my issue, but the BFF's and apparently, or so she tells me, we reached a new level of friendship the day she allowed me to use her lip gloss...

2. susan: an old friend who came back to visit...and seems to love the BFF just as much as she loves me. unfortunately, we are trying to figure out how in the world we are going to send her away now that she finds a comfy home with both of us. she visits more often than she should and tends to overstay her welcome. but...how do you let her down gently?? someone is bound to get burned...

3. the BEEEEEEEE!!!!: good ol' bees. gotta love 'em. they play such an important role in nature and they are utterly adorable to look at. one day dawn and i went to the ATM so she could deposit some checks, or retrieve some cash...i cannot remember which. i was driving so i allowed her to get out of the car and walk up to the ATM while i sat in the car and talked to her. suddenly a bee flew in through my window and landed on my steering wheel. the cute little booger decided to walk round and round my steering wheel. i am not quite sure what it was looking for, but it was not at all scared of me. however, when i alerted the BFF to my new friend she quickly reminded me that she is deathly allergic to them. i tried to politely encourage the bee to get out of my car, but it landed on the waistband part of my seatbelt and decided to hang out. i drove forward so the damn thing wouldn't fly out and decide to exterminate my friend. i slowly unhooked my seatbelt and slipped my body through it, while the bee was just hanging out doing its thing. as i got out of the car, the sweet-seeking little creature flew toward my pants legs. now, i need you to put the picture of the next events in your mind's eye so you can really imagine them and get the full effect........are you ready? ok, so the thing flies toward my pants and lands on my leg. being the polite, insect-friendly person that i am, i attempted to gently kick the thing off my pants leg. it worked!!!! YES!! however, the bee flew to my other leg. i kicked again. back to the first leg. again. back to the other leg. faster and faster and faster. at this point, i am basically dancing in the middle of the bank of america parking lot while dawn is screaming that she needs to find the camera. i was like, i'm trying to save your life here and you want to take a damn picture of me dancing with this bee!!!!!!!!!!! the thing finally gave up on my pants and flew BACK into the car. it landed right on her freaking debit card. luckily, this time as she scurried behind the car i was able to (at her suggestion) pick the freaking thing up while it was just chilling on the card and carried it over to a bush where it could make its new home. we both JUMPED back into the car and rolled the windows up as fast as we could. THIS COULD ONLY HAPPEN TO US!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a genuine lucy and ethel moment. all i have to say is those bank of america folks MUST have gotten a good laugh if they had ANY reason to review their security tapes on monday.

no worries, we survived...and i promise to write more later!!! i have all the time in the world now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home