What the blog??

This blog is a textual account of my triumphs and struggles in daily life. I've discovered the core of who I am, now is my chance to discover the vital pieces that make up that core. If you know me well enough, I invite you to leave comments. These may be words of encouragement, observations, memories, Bible verses, or whatever else you deem necessary. I'm always open to hearing what my loved ones have to say.

8.11.2005

Workoholic?

Notice the time...it's after 2am. I am still awake because I just decided to stop working for the night. This week has been interesting. I feel a little bit overwhelmed with the amount of work I have to do within the next few days. At the same time, I am enjoying myself. I did a home assessment today on grandparents who want their granddaughter placed in their home as soon as possible. I was so impressed with them and impacted by their committment that I am trying to get this home assessment typed and submitted by the end of tomorrow. If I can do that, they have a chance to get her before the weekend. They are so worried about her going to her first day of Kindergarten as a foster child, only to be yanked out a week or so later and put into a different school once she is placed with them. School starts in their district on Monday, so she needs to be with them by Sunday. Am I crazy for trying this? If I didn't think it was possible, I wouldn't be doing it. The only variable that I can't control is the willingness of the worker to place her on Friday or over the weekend. I have a feeling that I will be volunteering to do that for her if she decides she has more important things to do than make sure a child's first day of school isn't a horrible experience. I'm definitely not a workoholic on a daily basis...but there are times when my determination gives me no other choice...especially when it's for a cause as worthy as a child. I haven't seen my little Jesse since Sunday, but I have the privilege of knowing that she is in good hands while I take a little extra time to help out some other kiddos who are not quite as fortunate.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/11/2005 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are special.

     
  • At 8/14/2005 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have just now caught up on the past several months of entries. I can't imagine the things that you see in your line of work - but actually having grandparents fighting to get their granddaughter by the first day of school has to be inspiring to you that there are still very good people out there. I understand why you worked so late! I'm glad that you make your entries - so that I can semi-keep up with what is going on every couple of months. My world is about to be upside down - so probably won't be back for a while. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you! --Jennifer

     
  • At 8/15/2005 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did it/is it go/going??? Inquiring minds want to know!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home