What the blog??

This blog is a textual account of my triumphs and struggles in daily life. I've discovered the core of who I am, now is my chance to discover the vital pieces that make up that core. If you know me well enough, I invite you to leave comments. These may be words of encouragement, observations, memories, Bible verses, or whatever else you deem necessary. I'm always open to hearing what my loved ones have to say.

8.31.2005

Bad day...

Today was just a really bad day! This realization came to me when I awoke to find that my cat was vomiting all over the place. She even threw up on my bed! Ugh. Needless to say, I had to rip off my sheets and throw them in the washer. This put me behind schedule. I was almost afraid to leave her, because I had no idea what was wrong. Unfortunately, I set up a morning home visit so I had to go. I was running late...and I tend to have a lead foot...so, of course, I was speeding. I am normally very attentive when I am driving. However, this morning I was much too distracted to notice the little speed trap on I-20 until it was too late. I did manage to slam on the brakes and got a ticket for 77 in a 60 rather than 85 in a 60. To top it off, I haven't had time (or enough free brain cells) to remember that I needed to switch out my insurance cards. So, I got myself a second ticket for failure to maintain liability insurance. I'm not worried about these tickets, because they are easily taken care of. They just added to my list of unpleasant events. Once I finished my home visit and got to work, I got the news that one of my relatives has decided he can no longer care for his 4 grandchildren and he is relinquishing them back to us. That means these kids have to go back into foster care! I hate that sooooo much. I tried to tell the worker that there are other relatives available, but she feels inconvenienced by the fact that they haven't had enough contact with her. To that I say get off your fucking power trip and think about what is best for these kids!! I practically begged her to let me do a home assessment on them just to see if they would work out. I still haven't gotten a response from her, but I sure as hell know she read the email (thank you, Microsoft Outlook, for email tracking!). Once I realized that I wasn't functioning very well at work, I decided to go home. I can always work from my home computer late in the evening, so it wasn't a matter of leaving work sitting on my desk. On my way home, I decided that a visit with Jesse was needed to add a positive moment to my day. Once I got there, Dad decided to call me out on my distant behavior for the past month and we got into a discussion about how fucked up things are right now in the family. I've been wanting to get into that discussion for a while now, but I was weighing my options between stepping into the situation and keeping my distance so as not to get overly involved. I got what I needed out of that visit, but then my sister came home and took the baby to see Trevor. That is another situation I need to gripe about some other day...because I could go on and on. Right now, my complaint is that my time got cut short because she felt that it was more important for that worthless asshole to see Jesse instead of me. Whatever, I'll admit that I'm bitter. One positive thing today: I came home to find that Roxie survived the day and did not throw up all over the place while I was gone. After that refreshing discovery, I decided to turn on the television and catch up on the news. Of course, the majority of the broadcast on every station covered the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The images are becoming just as exhausting as those we kept seeing after 9/11. It wears on me to continuously see footage of devastation and suffering. At the same time, I want to take it all in so that I can try to have some understanding of what these people are going through. This is a really tough time for so many people. I have a friend who was living in New Orleans and felt that it had become her home. She was visiting her family in another state when Katrina hit. Obviously, she cannot go home. She is quite distraught and needs a lot of prayer right now...as all these people do. Rebecca, I'm praying for you. Everyone who reads this, please pray for her too. Pray for the city and all those who are suffering because of this tragic situation. No matter how bad my day was, I count my blessings that I still have my life, my family, my friends, and my home.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home